TYPICAL FEES INVOLVING PATENTS
- Patent Novelty Search and Report $700 to $1,000
- Preparing and filing utility patent application $3,000 to 7,000
- Responding to Patent Office actions $750.00
- Preparing and filing design patent application $900.00
- Preparing provisional patent application $1,500.00
The above-mentioned figures do not include cost of filing fees for the application and issue fee for an allowed application. The above filing actions do include the cost of the preparation of drawings.
GOVERNMENT FILING FEES (as of March, 2013)
Based upon Micro entity-Electronic filing
- Utility patent application (total) $400.00
- Design patent application (total) $190.00
- Provisional application $65.00
TYPICAL FEES FOR TRADEMARKS
- Trademark Search and Report $400.00
- Preparation and filing of Trademark Application $500.00
Above does not include filing fees. Currently, the application fee to register trademarks is $275.00 per class of goods/services under the list of goods/services provided by the Trademark Office, and $325.00 per class if a customized description of goods/services is needed.